Last week (August 24 to August 30, 2015) the California End of Life Option Act, introduced in the state Assembly’s extraordinary legislative session on healthcare, made its way through the legislature; a hearing in the special Health Committee is scheduled for September 1.
Assembly Members Susan Talamantes Eggman, Mark Stone, and Luis Alejo co-sponsored and introduced a new bill, amended from SB 128 which the California Senate passed on June 4.
- “Mercury News editorial: Death with dignity bill would have saved Jennifer Glass from drowning,” San Jose Mercury News, 8/24/2015
- “Right-to-Die Advocates Target Das Williams,” Santa Barbara Independent, 8/23/2015
- “Are Poor Patients in California More Likely to Choose Assisted Suicide?,” SF Weekly, 8/26/2015
- “Californians can’t wait for end-of-life options: Guest commentary,” Los Angeles Daily News, 8/26/2015
- “Right-to-die supporters rally outside Gatto’s office,” Glendale News-Press, 8/28/2015
Elsewhere & Other Stories
- Maine: “Editorials: The pressing end-of-life conversation Mainers should be having,” Bangor Daily News, 8/24/2015
- New Mexico: “Editorial: Court dissent shows need to revisit aid in dying law,” Albuquerque Journal, 8/26/2015
- Oregon: “Plaintiffs seek review of aid in dying decision,” The Daily Astorian, 8/24/2015
Image by DaveBleasdale.
View full post on Death with Dignity National Center
No related posts.