Last week (June 29 to July 5, 2015), California heated up in advance of tomorrow’s hearing on SB 128, End of Life Option Act at the Assembly Committee on Health. The Catholic Church stepped up the pressure on Catholic Committee members, several of whom are vaccilating on the issue (see our letter campaign).
The Statesman Journal ran another part in the series about the end-of-life journey of our organization’s friend and long-time Death with Dignity advocate, Dr. Peter Rasmussen, MD.
Pro and anti-Death with Dignity advocates stepped up campaigns in the run-up to the first Assembly hearing.
- “Terminally Ill Single Mom and Her Daughter Get Their Trip of a Lifetime: ‘It Was Priceless’,” People, 6/29/2015
- “Terminally Ill Single Mom Christy O’Donnell: I’m a Conservative Christian and I Support Death with Dignity,” People, 6/30/2015
- “‘End of Life Option Act’ Offers Death with Dignity for Trans Man,” Frontiers Media, 6/29/2015
- “California Mom Christy O’Donnell Fights to Die on Her Own Terms,” Yahoo Health News, 7/1/2015
- “‘Death With Dignity’ Gains Steam, Remains Divisive,” Life Matters Media, 6/29/2015
- “Physician-Assisted Suicide Backers Try to Woo Balking Latino Lawmakers,” KQED News, 7/2/2015
- “To Be or not To Be,” California State University Los Angeles – University Times, 7/2/2015
- “Assisted-suicide bill facing defeat in Sacramento,” San Francisco Chronicle, 7/3/2015
- “Mercury News editorial: United Methodist Church joins death with dignity movement,” San Jose Mercury News, 7/3/2015
- “Capitol Journal Aid-in-dying bill will be revived,” Los Angeles Times, 7/5/2015
Our friends at Death with Dignity Albany keep their streak of successes going.
- “Advocates plot a post-session approach to assisted suicide,” Capital New York, 6/30/2015
- ““Death with Dignity” being discussed in Colonie,” News 10-ABC, 6/30/2015
- “Death with Dignity-Albany works on aid-in-dying bill,” Times Union, 7/1/2015
Elsewhere and Other Stories
- Colorado: “Death with Dignity bill seeks second chance,” Alamosa News, 6/30/2015
- District of Columbia: “D.C Council committee to weigh ‘death with dignity’,” Washington Business Journal, 7/2/2015
- Tennessee: “[W]hy do we see that granting one kind of liberty must necessarily diminish others?” “Rulings show differences in our perceptions of liberty,” Tennessean, 6/29/2015
Image by Brittany Randolph.
View full post on Death with Dignity National Center
No related posts.