Last week (June 15 to June 21, 2015), following our presentation to the editorial board, The Washington Post endorsed Death with Dignity nationwide, including the bill currently pending in the DC Council.
A breather here between the historic Senate vote and the upcoming Assembly Health Committee hearing (now rescheduled to July 7).
- “California bill would allow aid in dying,” Bay Area Reporter, 6/18/2015
- “Terminally Ill Californians in Agony Need Aid-in-Dying Option,” EGP News, 6/18/2015
The Maine Death with Dignity bill, LD 1270, fell short of passage by a single vote in the Senate.
- “Maine ‘right-to-die’ bill may hinge on single senator’s reversal,” Portland Press Herald, 6/15/2015
- “Assisted suicide bill fails in Maine Legislature,” Portland Press Herald, 6/17/2015
- “Another View: A renowned Maine physician backed ‘death with dignity’,” Portland Press Herald, 6/21/2015
Elsewhere & Other Stories
- District of Columbia: “A humane way to end life,” The Washington Post, 6/21/2015
- New Hampshire: “Do We Have the Right to Die?” New Hampshire Magazine, July 2015
- “The role of medicine is to improve life, not to prolong it.” “On Doctors, Death, and the Right to Die, Physician’s Money Digest, 6/17/2015
Image by Alex.
View full post on Death with Dignity National Center
No related posts.