Last week (May 26 to May 31, 2015), SB 128 – California End of Life Option Act passed 5-2 in the Appropriations Committee and is headed to the Senate floor for a vote this Thursday. Delaware now has a proposed bill, with a hearing scheduled for this Wednesday.
A new Gallup poll shows support across the U.S. for Death with Dignity increasing by 10 percentage points, to 68%.
California is gearing up to the Senate floor vote on SB 128 – End of Life Option Act.
- “Start the Presses: Debating doctor-assisted death,” Glendale News Press, 5/29/2015
- “Palliative care doctors mixed on CMA assisted suicide policy shift,” KPCC, 5/29/2015
- “Assisted suicide bill advances in California legislature,” Reuters, 5/29/2015
- “‘Aid in dying’ and undocumented immigrant health care bills advance,” San Jose Mercury News, 5/29/2015
Delaware is the latest state to see a proposed Death with Dignity bill.
- “Doctor assisted suicide bill introduced in Delaware,” WMDT, 5/29/2015
- “Delaware lawmaker introduces bill allowing assisted suicide,” WDEL 101.7FM, 5/28/2015
Elsewhere and Other Stories
- Maryland: A former Attorney General advocates for the Death with Dignity bill to return in the next session. “Going gentle into that good night in Md.,” Baltimore Sun, 5/27/2015
- A new Gallup poll shows support across the U.S. for Death with Dignity increasing by 10 percentage points, to 68%. Americans favor the right-to-die regardless of their political leanings, age bracket, or how survey questions are worded.
Image by Robert Couse Baker.
View full post on Death with Dignity National Center
No related posts.