Last week (April 27 to May 3, 2015) saw an important milestone for the movement in Vermont, where the House passed a bill removing sunset provisions from Act 39, the state’s Death with Dignity law. Debate continued in California and New York, and we also saw stirrings of a future debate on Death with Dignity in Illinois.
- “House OKs Extension of Assisted Suicide Protections,” VT Digger, 4/30/2015
- “House affirms assisted suicide law,” Burlington Free Press, 4/29/2015
- “Vermont House approves aid-in-dying changes,” NCPR, 5/1/15
- California: “Lisa Harmer, MD: Pass the End of Life Option Act,” San Jose Mercury News, 5/1/2015
- Illinois: “Letter: Illinois needs death-with-dignity law,” The State Journal-Register, 4/27/2015 & “Letter: Death with dignity a fight for freedom,” The State Journal-Register, 5/2/2015
- New York: “Making a case for assisted suicide,” The Daily Gazette, 4/29/2015
Image by Holley St. Germain.
View full post on Death with Dignity National Center
No related posts.