Last week (April 12 to April 19, 2015) a debate unfolded in North Carolina following the introduction of a Death with Dignity bill, modeled on the Oregon law. In Delaware, a Death with Dignity bill, to be introduced in a matter of weeks, received initial scrutiny. And the National Health Care Decisions Day raised awareness about the importance of advance care planning.
The Death with Dignity conversation started ramping up here as Representative Paul Baumbach prepares to introduce a bill.
- “‘Death with dignity’ law may be introduced,” Delaware Online / The News Journal, 4/14/2015
- “Baumbach: ‘Death with Dignity’ discussion is critical,” Delaware Online, 4/17/2015
The state debated its first-ever Death with Dignity bill.
- “Legislators Introduce “Death With Dignity” Bill,” WFDD-NPR, 4/13/15
- “House bill would allow suicide for terminally ill,” Winston-Salem Journal, 4/12/15
- California: “Aid-in-dying: Is it a human right or moral wrong?,” Ventura County Star, 4/18/2015
- Minnesota: “MN to consider aid-in-dying bill,” Minnesota Daily, 4/16/2015
- New York: “Dying with Dignity,” WMHT, 4/9/2015
- Pennsylvania: “Should terminally ill patients receive medication to end their lives? Two lawmakers think so,” Penn Live – The Patriot News, 4/13/2015
- “Half the states look at right-to-die legislation,” USA Today, 4/15/2015
- “Tips for Teaching a Death and Dying Class in Your Community,” Huffington Post, 4/15/2015
Image by Shawn Hoke.
View full post on Death with Dignity National Center
No related posts.