The most important development in the Death with Dignity movement last week was the joint hearing of the Health and Government Operations and Judiciary Committees of the Maryland House of Delegates about HB1021 – Richard E. Israel and Roger “Pip” Moyer Death with Dignity Act, where we provided a testimony. In New Hampshire, the House passed a bill establishing a committee to study end-of-life choices. And here in Oregon, a friend of our organization’s, Dr. Peter Rasmussen, appeared on OPB’s Think Out Loud program discussing Death with Dignity.
These are the highlights of the most important developments in the movement around the United States from March 1 to March 7, 2015, with the corresponding media coverage.
The debate about the proposed Death with Dignity bill heated up in the run-up to the March 6 House Committee hearing.
- “Death with Dignity debate gaining traction in Annapolis,” ABC-WMAR Baltimore, 3/3/2015
- “‘Death With Dignity’ Activists Optimistic About Chances In Maryland,” WAMU 88.5, 3/4/2015
- “Maryland woman fights for death with dignity on behalf of father,” ABC-WMAR Baltimore, 3/4/2015
- “Supporters of Death With Dignity Rally in Annapolis,” CBS DC, 3/4/2015
- “‘Death with Dignity’ advocates rally in Annapolis,” Baltimore Sun, 3/4/2015
- “Frederick County residents lobby for aid-in-dying option,” The Frederick News-Post, 3/4/2015
- “Maryland weighs ‘Death With Dignity’ legislation,” Washington Post, 3/6/2015
- “Editorial: Aid in dying bill gaining support,” Asbury Park Press, 3/1/2015
- “Editorial: Aid in Dying bill deserves cautious support,” myCentralJersey.com, 3/2/2015
- “N.J. conflicted on aid in dying,” Courier Post Online, 3/3/2015
- “N.J. death with dignity proposal gaining deserved support: Editorial,” South Jersey Times, 3/4/2015
- California: “Another View: Oregon’s aid-in-dying law is working,” Sacramento Bee, 3/3/2015
- Connecticut: “Aid-In-Dying Photo Display Back At The State Capitol,” Hartford Courant, 3/4/2015
- Maine: “What assisted dying really means and what it doesn’t,” Bangor Daily News, 3/3/2015
- Utah: “Physician-assisted suicide is next for Utah Leg to tackle,” The Salt Lake Tribune, 3/6/2015
- “Doctors’ views on aiding suicide shift,” The Detroit News, 3/4/1025
Image by [BarZaN] Qtr.
View full post on Death with Dignity National Center
No related posts.